09 April 2011

Back will love lead you

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing
But you never said that you’d stay forever.
So if you must go, darling I set you free,
But I know in time that well be together.

I wont try to stop you now from leaving
'cause in my heart I know

Love will lead you back,
Someday I just know that love will lead you back to my arms where you belong
I’m sure, sure as stars are shining [that] one day you will find me again
It wont be long [when] one of these days, our love will lead you back.

One of these nights, I’ll hear your voice again,
You’re gonna say how much you missed me.
You’ll walk out this door, but someday you’ll walk back in,
And darling I know, I know this will be.

Sometimes it takes sometime out on your own now
To find your way back home...

Diane Warren only ought the song to tell the story of a woman who set her lover free, hoping that he will eventually ‘find [your] way back home’ to her. Warren wrote it in a hotel in Russia, and had intended to offer it to Whitney Houston. However, Clive Davis, president of Arista Records, wanted Taylor Dayne to record the song.

Although chronicling a failed love affair, its black-and-white music video just shows Dayne singing with her band in a studio while holding a love letter. It was rendered again by Kyla, Nina, Yuri, Patti LaBelle and the Young Divas.

References

No comments: