25 August 2010

If I were the Miss Philippines

Miss Universe 2010 Question and Answer (Top 5)
1) Miss Philippines: Maria Venus Raj (Fourth Runner-up)
Judge: William Ballmer
Question: What is one big mistake that you made in your life and what did you do to make it right?
Her answer: Thank you so much sir for the wonderful question. Good evening ladies and gentlemen! Good evening Las Vegas! You know what sir, in my 22 years of my existence, I can say there is nothing major, major, I mean, problem that I have done in my life, because I am very confident with my family and with the love that they are giving to me. So thank you so much that I am here! Thank you, thank you so much.
Pilipina Ako says: One mistake I had was when I assumed I could have what I want through mere will. I, unfortunately, cannot do anything about those now. But at least I have learned that I still have to give more when I already thought I did.

2) Miss Australia: Jesinta Campbell (Third Runner-up)
Judge: Niki Taylor
Question: Legislation banning certain kind of religious clothing has caused controversy around the world. What role should the government play in determining such a personal preference?
Her answer: One of the greatest things we have is the freedom of choice. And tonight, we wore our swimsuits (which) were designed by Tala and she said that fashion is freedom and I don’t think the government should have any say in what we wear because we can all make our own personal choices.
Pilipina Ako says: Governments were established for a reason. Laws were formulated for a reason. Human beings as we are, we must follow what this physical world dictates. And that includes the rules and regulations each country has. There is a proper forum for everything, and leaders must implement what majority of the populace they are serving wants.

3) Miss Ukraine: Anna Poslavskaya (Second Runner-up)
Judge: Jane Seymour
Question: Many airports are now using full-body scanners. How do you feel about going through a scanner that can actually see through your clothes?
Her answer: I think it is a very important question of security. To avoid the type of catastrophes which we already seen and we are well-aware of them. So if that helps save the lives of people then I’m for it.
Pilipina Ako says: Those precautions were meant to safeguard the public. I cannot but agree with it, but while this particular security measure goes on, I would also strive for the day that men and women could have complete privacy and safety.

4) Miss Jamaica: Yendi Phillips (First Runner-up)
Judge: Cameron Hall
Question: Some countries still accept the death-penalty. Is it acceptable? And why?
Her answer: Good Evening, Las Vegas. Good Evening, judges. I believe that life is a gift, a gift given by only one ultimate Creator and I believe that none of us as humans have the right to take a life. And I believe that we as mere beings of the earth have no right to control what it is that only one person can control and that is God. Thank you.
Pilipina Ako says: Jesus Christ himself has said, “Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to God what is God’s.” As much as life is a gift from the Supreme Being, we are also given the grace to think and feel. I believe crimes could be controlled if the capital punishment would be applied. I just would not stop casting love meanwhile.

5) Miss Mexico: Jimena Navarrete (Miss Universe 2010 Winner)
Judge: Evan Lysacek
Question: In your opinion, what effect is unsupervised Internet use having on today’s youth?
Her answer: Good Evening, Las Vegas. Well, I do believe that Internet is an indispensable, necessary tool for the present time. And we must be very careful and watch over what our children watch and see, and we must be sure to teach them the values that we learn as a family. So that they may use Internet properly. Thank you.
Pilipina Ako says: As the web is a tool that can be used by anyone anytime and anywhere, it could be really scary. But I trust the current generation. So long as parents and educators can honestly say that they’re doing their job, fear would be unfounded.

References

No comments: